Former Bollywood actress and Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan may be the richest parliamentarian after declaring assets worth Rs 1000 crore.
Jaya Bachchan filed her nomination as an SP candidate for the Rajya Sabha polls on Friday which required her to declare her assets. Her declared worth would put her above BJP MP Ravindra Kishore Sinha. When Sinha entered the Rajya Sabha in 2014, he declared assets worth Rs 800 crore.
According to a report in Times of India, Jaya Bachchan and her husband, Veteran Bollywood Superstar Amitabh Bachchan, own following assets declared in her affidavit.
1. They have immovable assets worth Rs 460 crore that includes 3,175 sqm residential property in Brignogan Plage in France. They also have additional properties in Noida, Bhopal, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Gandhinagar
2. Amitabh Bachchan owns a 3-acre agricultural plot worth Rs 5.7 crore in Barabanki while Jaya Bachchan owns a 1.22-hectare plot worth Rs 2.2 crore in Kakori, Uttar Pradesh.
3. Jaya Bachchan owns gold and jewellery worth Rs 62 crore while Amitabh Bachchan has jewellery worth Rs 36 crore
4. The couple owns 12 vehicles that include Rolls-Royce, Mercedes, Porsche, Range Rover, Tata Nano, and a tractor. These vehicles amount to Rs 13 crore
5. Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan own watches worth Rs 51 lakh and Rs 3.4 crore, respectively
When Jaya Bachchan had filed for nominations in 2012, she had declared assets worth Rs 493 crore.